Questions about geosocial apps: See Stephen's Lighthouse at http://stephenslighthouse.com/ March 21, 2010 entry which discusses geosocial apps. He discusses:
(Works for iPhones, Blackberries, Androids)
(Works for iPhones, Blackberries, Androids, Palm)
(Works for iPhones, Blackberries, Androids – US phone numbers only)
The apps are good for:
1. finding friends in close proximity to where you are – serendipitously. Hey, these are apps that have the potential to increase your face to face interactions!
2. getting coupons (and ads about sales and specials) in context that match the shops you’re in or near – like Starbucks, Lord & Taylor, or whatever.
3. finding new restaurants, bookstores and coffee shops nearby.
4. being told your books you have on hold are ready when you’re in the vicinity of your library!
5. finding your local library and programming.
6. figuring out how to get through the huge ALA, SLA or SXSW/NXNW conferences.
7. finding events in your area.