Friday, March 2, 2012

I can't use the Internet for my paper

One comment that we get weekly is "I can't use the Internet for my paper" when we show students databases. "I can only use a book." Well, today's blog concerns that topic. While there is plenty of good, reliable information available on the Internet, there is also much biased, outdated, and untrustworthy information on the web. Finding reliable sources can be difficult, because anyone can publish anything on the Internet.

However, databases are not considered "Internet" resources. The reason for this is that databases are reviewed sources. Also, articles that are in databases, while they might be written for specific databases, could also have been copied from journals or magazines.

We have a variety of databases in a variety of subject fields. See the link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment